Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog!!! It’s been weeks since I last posted because I really haven’t had the time to prepare a post. But anyways, here it is now!
HOW I STUDY FOR EXAMS + TIPS| SSHS #3
As you can read in the title, I’m sharing how I study for exams and what’s the most effective way for me. You may or may not agree.
- IN DISCUSSION, I TAKE NOTES IN A SCRATCH PAPER OR JUST SIMPLY IN A PAD PAPER.
Why? Sometimes the teacher discusses too fast. I don’t like my notes and my handwriting to be ugly. I swear, I lose all the good vibes and it makes me lazy if my notes are just so messed up. I simply don’t like it and it makes me feel so unproductive and untidy. However, I keep all the notes in my clearbook and I re-write them again when exams are near. Rewriting is an effective way for me to memorize my notes and to reflect on it. It feels like if I write something, then I’ll remember it until the test comes up. Anyone else here who’s like me? Haha.
- WHEN I’M STUDYING, I TALK TO MYSELF ALOUD.
Seriously, though. Sometimes my brother would look at me in my room because I’m so loud in reviewing and he looks at me weirdly. Sometimes he asks me if I’m doing a chant or whatever. Especially when I study for Italian language!! Haha. Anway, I really feel like I memorise the terms and learn when I say things aloud.
- WHEN I GOT HOME FROM SCHOOL, I ALWAYS SLEEP FIRST.
This is SO unhealthy. I hate this routine, I promise. But whenever I get home from school, I feel so tired and whenever I reach my bedroom, my bed’s always attracting me. And then boo, I’ll sleep for like 3-4 hours and when I wake up, it’s 1am or 2am already. I want to change this one. Yes it’s somewhat effective for my studies BUT I need to be healthy as well. Especially now, I’m looking so pale.
- I FIND IT EFFECTIVE TO MAKE REVIEWERS IN A YELLOW PAD.
Yellow pad is required for us but I’m pretty sure it will work too in the normal pad paper. I only have like 3 binders with me and all of my reviewers are written in a yellow pad. I don’t really write in notebooks, I find it boring. Unlike when I was in JHS, I always write notes in a notebook.
- I TRY MY BEST TO MAKE EVERYTHING NEAT.
It annoys me so much if my notes are untidy. I’m still not in the mood to re-write but fun fact, my notes in Math are sooooo >_< Can’t wait to find the motivation to re-write my notes!
And that’s all I can think of now. As you can see, I’m not a really nice student but I’m trying to be one. So here are some of my tips if you want to study effectively:
- Find a review time that suits you, your mind and your body. You really need willingness in this one. As you’ve read earlier, I’m quite struggling yet with my review time. But I hope you find the time that suits you!
- Make your school materials clean and organised. So whenever there will be activities, you know where to find your stuff.
- Having nice notes will motivate you to study. And you can also make your notes a blogger-ish one. Swear it’s lovely to look at!
- Sleep right on time. I need to apply this for myself. Don’t push yourself too hard. Don’t procrastinate. Do the stuff you have to do when you have the time because seriously, YOU NEED SLEEP TO SURVIVE. (And food, of course hehe.)
- Last one is… take care of yourself! If you don’t, you may suffer from an illness. And always take care of your emotional state. What you feel and what your body feel is what matters the most! Grades don’t define who you are– but that doesn’t mean you don’t need to study anymore. :p
I hope you liked this post and I hope this will help you as a student. Lol, haha! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you all have a lovely weekend!!
How do you review for exams?