We’ve all been there. We’ve all said the line “I need to save money. I won’t buy anything tomorrow” kind of thing. But… does it happen?
6 months ago before school started, I noted to myself: do not buy a lot of food. Do not buy. Do not buy. Do not buy. Save money. Save money. Save money. You need to buy a camera. You need to save! Yes, I’ve said these before school started but what happened? Wanna know?
*claps hands and cries*
Absolutely, nothing has happened with my saving ideas. I did not save any money. And now, I’m crying. I have so many expenses to pay and I don’t really like asking my parents for money. It makes me feel soo ashamed! I don’t really like it.
And the worst, I won’t be able to buy a camera!!! *cries and cries* The year is nearly ending and aaaahhh I don’t have any moneyyy!!
It’s not like I’m money addicted, no. But let’s face the truth, in the world today, you need money to buy you stuff. Yes it won’t buy your happiness but still, it’s an essential. You won’t even have food if you don’t have any money.
And because my heart is broken because I don’t have any savings… here are some reasons why I can’t save money.
- F O O D E V E R Y W H E R E
Sadly, but yes! I have 100 pesos daily allowance and here’s my routine in school:
- Break time– we’re going to the canteen. I smell siomai and then I become attracted to rice. I have no choice but to buy a 35 pesos meal.
- After eating my delicious siomai and rice, I head over to the counter again to buy Chunkie cookies which costs 10 pesos and sometimes I buy two or three– depends on my mood! So let’s calcute, 35 + 10 + 10 + 10 = 65 pesos. Like it’s still the morning and I have bought 65 pesos of my money already!
- Lunch time. I eat my packed lunch and later on I crave for more food. I head on to the counter again and sometimes I buy a chocolate drink or milk drink which costs 30 pesos. So let’s estimate, 65 + 30 = 95.
- Dismissal. They over this really good Chow rice and I can’t help but eat them because they taste so yummy! Chow rice usually cost 35 pesos. So look, I am so bankrupt now.
Sometimes there are events for the youth– like Live Pure Movement and such. I do my best to save money to buy tickets– I don’t really want to ask for my parents but when the event day comes, I have to ask for money because I am totally bankrupt.
- School expenses
Nothing really big about school expenses but for example, like the strand shirt, we have to pay 250 pesos. I’m proud that I didn’t ask them money for the shirt!
- Sometimes you just really crave for a milktea or a Chickenjoy Jollibee.
And this is so true. I go outside the house even if I’m alone to buy a milktea or a Chickenjoy!! And I also really crave for Dakasi!
- Phone load.
So that I could use the internet. Ughh.
Any of you have some tips to save money? Haha please don’t say that I should avoid food, because that won’t happen.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post! See you!