Hello everyone and welcome back to my blog! First things first, I wanna apologize for having this delayed because a lot of things happened and I didn’t expect that my May would get so busy. And before going on with the post, I’d like to share a little story about how I finally got enrolled for college.
May 17th. It was my scheduled date for the enrollment. I arranged all my files the day before and there, I thought I have it complete. My parents made sure that I have it all complete because they will be going with me to enroll. We woke up at 2am and prepared because Tagaytay (my hometown) is pretty far from Manila. By around 3:30 AM, we’re finally ready to go and since we live in a province, there’s no jeepneys or tricycles going around and we’re still far from the bus terminal. It was a struggle but at around 4 AM, a nice tricycle driver decided to escort us to the bus terminal. And I tell you, it was a long ride because I reached PUP (Polytechnic University of the Philippines) at around 6 AM. The line was already long. And I meant it. Really long. 6 AM to 4 PM, I waited to finish step 1, and there are 4 steps to be officially enrolled. That’s how the line was really long and when it was finally my turn to be in the registrar’s office, they told me to just come back because I have incomplete requirements. And my world just freaking shattered. I waited for so long and yet, nothing happened. My feelings were really hurt, I told it to my parents and then we went home. Again, nothing happened.
May 18th-19th. It was one busy weekend!!! Our youth community organized another youth camp and I was one of the service team. I felt super duper tired but at the same time, happy because the camp went well, through God’s grace. ❤
May 20th. My missing requirement was a PSA Birth Certificate. I do have a birth certificate but not from Philippine Statistics Authority because it was formerly National Statistics Office and that’s the one that I have. We travelled again but this time, I was with my mom and cousin. The nearest place to claim a PSA Birth Cert was from PSA Trece and so we woke up at around 3 am again because we know the line’s probably gonna be long… and when we arrived, we’re right. The line was long already but good thing we’re in the first batch. And then here comes failure, because the server they use to search for birth certificates got shut down. We were already there by 4:30 AM and we went home at 3 PM, because nothing happened, again. The officials said that the system might be online again and we waited, but at 3 PM, we’re really done with waiting and finally decided to go home.
May 21st. I badly wanted to cry. I really do. I can’t get enrolled yet, I have not gotten enough sleep yet and I just really wanted my stuff to get done. So here we go again, we woke up really early again because this time, we’re getting my birth certificate in Manila. I was really unsure of what to do, if I should just go to PUP and just have my parents wait for my birth certificate but then I decided to wait with them and by 9 AM, I finally got my PSA Birth Certificate. I was so happy and relieved but still unsure if I’d still have to wait for the long line before I finally get to the registrar’s office. When we got there, I told one of the Oplan Gabay officer (the ones who guide the enrollment process) that I was supposed to enroll last May 17th and finally, just gosh, finally, I went inside the registrar’s office again. And this time, no waiting for the long line, and I finished step 1. Step 2 was a whole different process because this was for the interview about your course and if you’ll get accepted or nah. I searched for the College of Political Science and Public Administration (CPSPA) office and I was interviewed by the Dean. In my previous post, Through Uncertainty, I told you guys that I want to take up either of Political Science or International Studies but I wasn’t accepted. I wasn’t accepted because I told the Dean that I want to pursue law and he said that those two weren’t the right courses. He offered me to take up Public Administration or Political Economy instead but I wasn’t sure of those two courses but then he also offered one course outside his department and told me that it’d be the best preparation for law which is Philosophy. I wasn’t sure but then I just saw myself walking to the College of Arts and Letters Department and I got accepted right away. The professors that I’ve talked to and the Dean who accepted me were really nice and honestly, it instantly felt like home. So there you go hun, I am officially taking up Philosophy as my major… for my pre-law.
And it ain’t done yet, after being officially enrolled, I also found a place to stay in already. To face it, I can’t go home to Tagaytay from time to time because it’s really far so we searched for apartments, condo, dorms and we found the right condo for me to stay in. I am honestly so happy and I can’t wait to move in. #CollegeLife
I’m so sorry for the long story but I thought that I want to remember so I wrote it here in the blog. If ever, thank you for reading my enrollment story and now, let’s get in on with the Q and A!
1700 Followers Q and A!
Grace asked a couple of questions for me and thank you so much, lovely!
If you had to describe yourself in 3 songs what would they be?
- First song that came to my mind was Home by Planetshakers. The lyrics says it all, I know I am Home, deep within my Savior’s arms, I know where I belong. This song would always remind me that in my life, I have found two homes– under God’s arms and under my family’s roof. The second song is I See The Light by Mandy Moore and Zachary Levi, aside from it’s one of my favorite songs ever, it just kinds of describes my life, too. And the last one would be Beautiful by Christina Aguilera. You probably know why. 😉
What’s one thing on your bucket list/ a big dream of yours?
- Ah there are a lot!!! But hmm of course, seeing aurora borealis because it’s just like my life dream and it’s so dreamy and it feels so surreal even by just looking in the pictures!
Coffee or tea?
Books or movies?
- This is such a hard question since I’m love both and lately I’m so into watching movies but I still think books are better. But naaaaah they have a fair place in my heart.
Mira and Irina, thank you so much for the question! 🙂
What is your favorite memory so far?
- Recently, I got to see how my parents sacrificed their time for me to enroll in college and it’s honestly one of my favorite memories ever. They are just so kind and loving to do everything with me and I have to treasure that the most.
mymindspeaksaloud, thank you so much for the question! ❤
What’s one of your favourite blog posts you’ve written?
I have 11 categories that I write a post to and the adventure and faith related topics are always my favorite to write. For this question, I’d like to share the most viewed post in my blog and definitely one of my favourites as well, Trip to Manuel Uy Beach Calatagan (Philippines) because it’s like my stepping stone to write more about my adventures and it’s always nice to come back to it after years pass. I wrote that 2 years ago and people are still viewing it and finds it interesting so it’ll always have a huge place in my heart… and in this blog. 🙂
Starling also asked a couple of questions and thank you so much, little sis! ❤
What’s the first thing you do before you go to sleep?
- Hm, the first and probably… the last thing I do before going to sleep is pray. I end up getting nightmares if I don’t!
How long does it take for you to brush your teeth?
- I think I brush my teeth for like 2 minutes and if I feel like really cleaning it, it can go on for like 3-4 minutes. Ah I’m not really sure! But I have this habit that when I brush my teeth for too long, I gag and that’s my signal that I’ve finished brushing my teeth!
How many meals do you eat in a day?
- In the Philippines, most of us are used to eat 3 meals a day and I’m one of them people.
What is one thing you used to dislike but now like?
- Editing… videos? Ugh, I badly hated it when I was in senior high school because we need to do a lot of films but I kind of like it now… maybe I’ve gotten used to it as well!
What is your current favorite song?
- Jenny of Oldstones by Florence + The Machine which is a soundtrack from Game of Thrones Season 8. The way Florence sang it was perfectly beautiful and I felt all the emotions the season has. Game of Thrones is probably my favorite series ever and giving us a song like Jenny of Oldstones was the best thing that happened in the final season… because I kind of disliked some parts of the ending! 😦
chape asked two questions and thank you so much for these!!!
What’s your favorite food?
- My favorite food since I was a kid is Sinigang which is a Filipino recipe. Sinigang has various choices to pick from like Sinigang na Baboy (pork), Sinigang na Hipon (shrimp), Sinigang na Bangus (milkfish) and there’s still a lot!
What’s your favorite place in the Philippines? What can’t we miss if we travel there?
- I like talking about my country so thank you so so much for this question! I have a lot of places in mind but I have to answer this honestly and my favorite place here is of course, my hometown, which is Tagaytay. This place is my home. And you can’t miss the beaches when you go here! I’ve written a post about the beaches in here and you can go give it a read Summer Travel Destinations! (Philippines)!
wevegotpockets, thank you so much for your questions. ❤
What is the least common thing you’re a fan of?
- Probably TikTok? I mean, a lot of people are so hypeeed about it and there’s nothing wrong with that because you can be creative with your videos but yeah, I’m not a fan. (:
What book would you like to see a dress inspired by?
- I’d definitely would want to see a dress inspired by The Selection by Kiera Cass series! I mean, those dresses in the cover page? Absolute bomb. All are really beautiful!
Cherylene, thank you so much for your questions. (:
How do you prefer to spend your free time?
- If I had new books to read, I’d definitely spend my free time reading but I’ve read almost all of my books at home soo… I binge watch series. And if there’s a community gathering, I’d prioritize that first because we’re gonna serve Christ and it’s the best way to spend free time. (:
If you could change two things in the world, what would they be?
- First, if I could turn hate into love, then I would do it with all my heart. Even if we agree or not, we all know that hate is strong in today’s society and if we can turn that into love, the world would be a much better place to live in.
- Second, I’d like to change how politics and government are done in today’s time. A lot of people can’t eat everyday, a lot of people are suffering from poverty, abuse, violence and I would really want to change that. We all deserve to live wherein we feel safe, where we can eat enough meals for a day and where we can feel like home. Proper governing is a step to change all of these.
And there you go, thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed and I’ll see you in my next post, bye! ❤